Electronics & Communication Engineering
Certified by ISO 9001:2000 and National Board of Accreditation(NBA), AICTE-New Delhi.
The Electronics & Communication Engineering department strongly believes in working towards a goal which is not theoretical in content but practical in approach. The department started in the year 2001 with a Student intake of 60 and increased to 120 in the year 2004. It is later accredited on 19th July 2008. The department laboratories are fully air-conditioned, well equipped 60 computer systems configured with P4 Dual core pro with high end computational units commensurate with licensed electronic design software’s such as Xilinx Spartan2, MATLAB, OrCAD PSPICE and MASM. The department has strength of 24 well qualified, dedicated & experienced faculty who have been the driving force behind the rapid success of this department. As a part of this endeavor, department has accredited by NBA, New Delhi and signed Memorandum of Unerstanding with IGCAR, Kalpakkam, Vi Micro Systems Pvt. Ltd., Chennai, Vikasha Electronics Pvt. Ltd., Chennai, Vee Eee Technologies, Chennai and Advantage Pro, Chennai for academic and research development. Department has more than 15,000 books, IEEE online journals and subjects oriented CDs as a part of Computer based tutorials for the enrichment of student’s knowledge.
II and III Year students compulsorily undergo In-plant training & final year students carry out project work in various industries which enlighten them on the work environment in today’s world. Student’s memberships in various professional bodies like ISTE and IEEE help to enhance their co-curricular activities. It is proud that many of the students from this department have been placed in leading companies through Campus selection program. Students pursue higher studies in leading universities abroad and the department consistently earns more Anna University ranks every year. Also department made a Collaborative Research and Development links with leading organizations in India.
- Circuits & Devices laboratory (Air conditioned)
- Digital Electronics laboratory (Air conditioned)
- Electronics circuit II & Simulation laboratory (Air conditioned)
- Linear Integrated Circuits laboratory (Air conditioned)
- Electronic System Design laboratory (Air conditioned)
- Communication Systems laboratory (Air conditioned)
- Networks laboratory (Air conditioned)
- Microprocessor & Microcontroller laboratory (Air conditioned)
- Digital Signal Processing laboratory (Air conditioned)
- VLSI laboratory (Air conditioned)
- Optical & Microwave laboratory (Air conditioned)
- Spectrum Analyzer – 1 GHz
- Digital Storage Oscilloscope – 100 MHz, 60 MHz
- X – band and J – band Microwave bench setup
- Optical transceiver Kit
- Antenna Chamber
- Microprocessor 8086 & Microcontroller 8051 with interfacing cards
- EPROM Programmer
- ADSP and TMS Processors
- Local Area Network trainer, interfaced with PIC Microcontroller
- TDM, FDM and various types of Digital Communication trainers
- FPGA Trainer with add on cards RTC, Traffic light controller and testing of LED Boards
- Simulator and Synthesizer tool with down loader (VHDL / Verilog)
- Analog and Digital IC tester
- Designing of PCB Layout using PSPICE for Analog and Digital Circuits
The IEEE student Branch of Jeppiaar Engineering College was formed on 25th December 2005 and it was inaugurated on 27th March 2006. Since then it has organized many events to provide outstanding value to its members. The objective of starting IEEE Student branch was to create awareness about the day today technological developments and to make them to utilize the resources available in IEEE.
There are jointly 120 members in Professional biodies like IEEE and ISTE from our department.